LeMoyne’s Annual Holiday Show
Thank you to everyone who applied to this year’s holiday show! The application deadline has passed and submissions are now closed.
November 3rd – 6th – Pick up inventory barcodes
November 8th, 10th, & 11th – Inventory delivery dates
Inventory Sheet | Microsoft Word (.doc) or Microsoft Excel (.xls)[learn_more caption=”Submission Instructions”] Submission Instructions
• Holiday Show applications must be received by close of business 5:00PM, Monday, September 29th, 2014. If you are a first time participant in the holiday show, please send images of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org for review. We reserve the right to reject works based on quality and content.
• We are only accepting a total of 100 artists to exhibit in the holiday show. A waiting list will be compiled for applications exceeding 100 and those applicants will be called to fill any cancellations.
• The application fee for the show is $35, non-refundable, and will be transferred into an individual membership. If you are already a member with LeMoyne, you can gift the membership to someone else.
• LeMoyne’s sales work on a 60/40 consignment split where the artist receives 60% of the sales price and LeMoyne receives 40%. This percentage is non-negotiable.
• Inventory lists are due to LeMoyne by October 27th, 2014, two weeks before the drop off date. If you have your inventory finalized before this deadline, you may submit it early. This gives the staff of LeMoyne time to enter you into the point of sale system and prepare tags for your items.
• Artists will be responsible for tagging their own artwork to ensure each item matches its barcoded tag. We will have barcoded tags ready for you to pick up November 3rd, a week after we receive your inventory list. You can pick them up early and have everything ready for a quick drop off on the delivery date, November 10th, or you can put them on your items the day you deliver.
• You can email your inventory sheets and artist information to email@example.com or provide us a copy on CD or USB. Do not send in printed hard copies or scanned handwritten copies.
• Inventory lists MUST BE sent to us in one of the excel or word templates that are available on our website. Artists submitted hand written or printed hard copies will be charged a $10 convenience fee, or we will not accept your work. If you do not have MS Office, you can download the open source Open Office suite which has a compatible program called Calc. The link to Open Office is on the Holiday Show section of our website.
• Only LeMoyne staff and volunteers will be allowed to setup displays of artwork. If you would like to help setup the displays before the show opens, we would be happy to have you as a volunteer. Once the holiday show is underway, only LeMoyne Staff will be allowed to restock artwork.
• Restocking – we try our best to contact artists and let them know when they need to bring in more items. However, it is a very busy time of year, so if you would like to know how your items are selling, please call us or stop by. Do not bring more items without talking to one of LeMoyne’s staff members first.
• Please keep the item limitations in mind. We only accept a maximum of 2 show pieces priced above $150. We can only take 12 “bread and butter” items priced up to $150. There is no maximum for ornaments and gift items, but you must provide at least 6. As the show progresses and space frees up, we may allow more “bread and butter” items.
• We will be providing a book of participating artists for our customers to view. Each year customers request information about who created the artwork at the show. Providing background information is a great way to encourage sales as customers are more likely to buy an item with a story behind it. Instructions for artist bios/statements have been emailed to participating artists. If you have not received it, please give us a call or send us an email and we can explain the requirements in detail.
• All artwork must be for sale. We will not accept items listed “Not for Sale”.
• Work must be ready to hang with wire and/or be displayed and delivered no later than Monday November 10th by close of business 5:00PM.
• Artists should make arrangements to pick up any unsold work by Wednesday January 7th, 2015.
• Artwork not picked up by Saturday, January 10th 2015 will be considered a donation to LeMoyne and sold as LeMoyne sees fit.
• If you have any emergencies that will delay pickup, please call us.
• Work must be delivered to:
LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
125 N. Gadsden St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
• For further information and instructions call 850-222-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org[/learn_more]
Click the button below to pay your application fee online
Tallahassee inspired items – local landmarks, nature, etc
State capital themed items
Hannukah Items (Small, under $50)
Baby’s First Christmas items
Kid friendly presents (not easily broken)
Handmade holiday themed cards
These are just suggestions our customers gave during the course of the last holiday season. We offer them here for anyone who needs inspiration, but using these themes doesn’t guarantee sales. Also consider that during the holidays everyone stretches their budget over many presents. Small, affordable items sell better than show pieces and often net our artists more money by the end of the season.
If you do not have Microsoft Word or Excel, you can download Open Office, a free, open source suite that is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats. Click here to visit openoffice.org and download the suite.